Monday, January 9, 2012

Keep It Going: 2012 New Things List

My 2011 Bucket List has, thus far, been my most favorite list I have ever made.  Throughout the year, the list reminded me of things I wanted to try and, as a result, I backpacked to Sykes Hot Springs and the Desolation Wilderness, went to the Legion of Honor, made awesome paella and failed mince meat pie, canoed with my family, went snowshoeing and took a tap dancing class.   The spirit of trying new things lead me to ride my bike 27 miles, build a counter on my backporch, and meet up with friends more than staying in.  In general, I definitely learned that saying yes is way more fun than saying no.  

And so, I'm going to continue this idea, this mantra into 2012 and creating a "new things" list (apparently 'bucket list' is morbid to some).   Here we go!

2012 New Things
  1. Visit Angel Island
  2.  Make a frittata.
  3. Learn to crochet an afghan.
  4. Learn Prelude in C by Bach
  5. Go to a meditation session
  6. Go lazy inner tubing on a river
  7. Watch the Godfather
  8. Read Moby Dick
  9. Visit Mono Lake
  10. Hike to the Tourist Club
  11. Backpack the Lost Coast
  12. Ride a horse
  13. Make tiramisu 
  14. Publish in a scientific journal
  15. Eat raw foods for a week
  16. Have an epic crafting party
  17. Take a paddleboat out on Stow Lake
  18. Visit the Pleasanton Ridge
  19. Partake in a fancy tea
  20. See a Great Lake
Yes is more fun than No!

3 comments:

Lori Huneke said...

im in love with this list. so fantastic. can i come?

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ said...

1. Visit Angel Island
6. Go lazy inner tubing on a river
9. Visit Mono Lake
10. Hike to the Tourist Club
11. Backpack the Lost Coast
12. Ride a horse
18. Visit the Pleasanton Ridge

please count me in on these and note my mom lives a 1/2 hour from mono lake and owns 4 horses.

leslaz said...

Oooh, Adam, that is so awesome! I sense road trip!!!